Corona pandemic: Useful websites in other languages
Due to the corona pandemic, many measures are taken to prevent the spread of the virus. Immigrants that cannot speak Norwegian are particularly vulnerable and in need of information.
The Norwegian authorities have made available information in a number of languages to reach out to residents with minority background. We have gathered these useful web resources in different languages below. We encourage you to spread both the written material and the information videos as widely as possible:
- Norwegian Institute of Public Health (Folkehelseinstituttet):
- Directorate of Health (Helsedirektoratet):
- Helsenorge.no: Information and advice in English on a number of topics, such as quarantine and isolation, infection, incubation time and testing, risk groups, measures to prevent spread etc.
- NAV has websites in English for users who are laid off and are applying for unemployment benefits.
- The National Center for Multicultural Education (NAFO) has gathered information about corona in several languages. Here you will also find various online learning resources for minority language learners.
- NRK Ny i Norge (New in Norway) provides news in Arabic, Dari, Kurdish, Somali and Tigrinya. With Ny i Norge, NRK will give newly arrived immigrants in Norway an opportunity to become better acquainted with the country they live in. The offer includes local news and reports from all over the country, mostle produced by NRK's district offices.